The Hull College Group is committed to providing an environment that promotes equality for all and celebrates its diverse community.
Everyone is valued equally. We do not treat anyone less favourably on the basis of gender, disability, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion/faith/belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity or marriage/civil partnership status. These are protected characteristics as defined in the Equality Act 2010. The College expects all staff, students, visitors and on-site contractors to do the same.
We expect and encourage staff and students to work together to overcome all forms of discrimination and harassment. Through our shared College values every individual is respected as of right and this should always be reflected in our language, behaviours and actions.
The College is fully committed to the ongoing implementation of its Single Equality Scheme and to complying with all equality legislation, aiming to achieve the following objectives:
- That no unfair or unlawful discrimination will be applied in education, training or employment opportunities.
- That the diverse nature of our College community will be reflected and celebrated at all levels within the College.
- That the needs and interests of our diverse College community will be fairly represented within the curriculum offered by the College.
At induction staff and students are provided with further information about Equality and Diversity within the College and what they can do to make a difference. Following this, all staff are required to take mandatory Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding modules.
If staff or students become aware of discriminatory behaviour or actions taking place, they are encouraged to report this by either contacting their course tutor (if appropriate), the Student Services Manager (Hull/Goole), the Senior Co-ordinator – Student Services (Harrogate). The matter will be taken seriously and will be investigated.
Copies of the College’s equality and associated policies and procedures e.g. Single Equality Scheme, Personal Harassment Code of Practice (staff), bullying and harassment procedure (in the Student Charter) are available on the College’s intranet (Portal: staff, Moodle: students) and are included in the staff handbook and student journal as appropriate. They are also available in alternative formats upon request from the Marketing Department.
The latest Equality and Diversity Report, the Single Equality Scheme and the Single Equality Scheme Action & Improvement Plan, which incorporates specific equality objectives, can be viewed below.
- Goole College SEND Local Offer (299.39 KB)
- Equality & Diversity calendar 2018-19 (271.42 KB)
- Single Equality Scheme (76.84 KB)
- SES Action Plan (79.05 KB)
- Equality Duty Report (PDF) (2.47 MB)
- Equality Duty Report (1.92 MB)
- Goole College Local Offer (304.12 KB)
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting (22.78 KB)