Skip to main content

Need to talk? Free and confidential counselling services are available to Hull and Goole College students who need to talk about mental health, stress or other issues affecting them.

At Goole College we offer free confidential counselling to our learners.

The Counselling Service is continuing to support our students during these uncertain times. In order for us to do this in a consistent manner we are offering online and phone counselling.

If you would like to contact us phone email or text 07860 023367 and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

If you are a student at the college and wish to refer yourself to the service, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and return to the above email address.


The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in a decrease in people accessing NHS services for a range of conditions that are not related to coronavirus. This appears to be impacting adults and children attending at A&E departments for urgent and emergency medical issues, including serious conditions such as stroke and heart attacks; cancer patients attending their ongoing treatments; and expectant mothers attending for regular scans.

The NHS ‘Open for business’ campaign has been created to help address this issue by giving people permission to access NHS services and reassuring them that they won’t be a burden on the NHS.

To find out more about the NHS campaign please click on the link -

Local Well-Being Services Update for Learners

If it is an emergency or an immediate threat to life call 999




Children and Families Services


Children & Families. Via Early Help & Safeguarding Hub on 01482 448 879 during normal office hours

Adults at Risk. Via Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub Tel 01482 616092

After 5pm Emergency Duty Team on 01482 300 304 out of normal office hours

East Riding

Children & Families. Via Early Help & Safeguarding Hub 01482 395500

Adults at Risk Telephone: (01482) 396940

After 5pm Emergency Duty Team on 01377 241273 out of normal office hours

Domestic Abuse

(East resident) Domestic Violence & Abuse Partnership 01482 396330

To report a non-emergency incident contact Humberside Police on 101.


Kooth is an free, anonymous and safe counselling and support service available to all young people ages 11-25 years across East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and Hull. Fully trained and qualified counsellors and emotional wellbeing practitioners are available until 10pm each night, 365 days a year.

Visit to get in touch.

Family Action

Family Action is a charity that works with families to work through stress, disruption and general trouble and strife. They provide counselling sessions over the phone, email or text. They are still open during the Covid19 lockdown. Contact Family Action on:

0808 802 6666

Text: 07537 404 282

Mon-Fri, 9am to 9pm


Targeted Youth Support (TYS) (Hull)

The Targeted Youth Support Team offer support, information and advice to young people aged 16 -21. The following groups are eligible for the service:

  • young people aged 16 or 17, Child in need, UASC, Looked After Children.
  • young people 18+ young people open to the TYS service (allocated or duty).
  • care leavers aged 16 -25 (eligibility for those over 21 will require an open allocation to leaving care).
  • out of town care leavers16 -21. Advice and information only can be provided.
  • homeless prevention and relief.


Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm

Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm

By telephone - 01482 615602

By email -

Youth and Family Support (East Riding)

Services include:


Support for young people and their families, including:

  • emotional health
  • mental health
  • wellbeing
  • behaviour and aggression
  • drugs or alcohol
  • family relationships
  • school attendance
  • bereavement and separation
  • youth counselling

CAMHs Contact Point (mental health)

Contact Point provides a single point of contact to CAMHs services. It is staffed by clinicians and has been designed to make it easier for young people and their families to access our services.

Contact Point role, is a single point of access telephone triage service, for young people and children under the age of 18. We offer advice and signposting to young people and professionals working with 5-17 year olds. Self-referrals can be made by the young person themselves, as well as by parents/carers or anyone who has concerns about an individual within this age range, with whom they have contact.

Contact Point is available from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday

Hull – 01482 303688

East Riding – 01482 303810

Already have a CAMHs worker

The numbers to call are:

Rivendell: 01377 208280

Westend: 01482 303680

The Warren Youth Project

Because of the Coronavirus (COVID 19),the Warren is only open to young people on an appointment basis. But any young person can have an appointment - whether it be for counselling, employment support, music, spoken word, advice, general support, a food parcel or just a chat. They will also be operating a food parcel delivery service very soon to young people in Hull. Please message them your contact number and address if you would like to be added to their delivery list.

Tel: 01482 218115

Hull and East Riding Mind

Hull and East Yorkshire Mind have extended the hours of their information and advice line to 24 hours a day to support local people during the current Covid-19 crisis. The information line is available for everyone in the Hull and East Yorkshire area.

The service, which originally ran from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday has now been extended as part of a joint partnership between Hull and East Yorkshire Mind and Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust.

Alternatively, you can visit for more information on managing your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak.

MIND can offer counselling as well as help and support around:

· mental health problems

· where to get help near you

· treatment options

· advocacy services.

Tel: 01482 240200 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Info Line: 01482 24013


Lets’ Talk (Adults)

Lets Talk offers mental health support to Hull (adult) residents:

Tel: 01482 247111


Text: 61825

Local NHS support:

If you are worried about a young person and think they would benefit from talking to someone about their mental health, contact CAMHs on 01482 303688 (Hull) and 01482 303810 (East Riding) to find out more information.

Out of office hours call: 01482 301701 (option 1 adults, option 2 U18's).

If you need mental health support and are over 18 please call Single Point of Access: 01482 301701

SEED – Eating Disorder Support Service

The Resource Room, SEED, Wilberforce Health Centre, 6 – 10 Story Street, Hull

Tel Advice Line: 01482 718130

Suicide Support

If you or a friend is experiencing suicidal thoughts you can contact these agencies. Samaritans - phone 116 123 Papyrus - phone 0800 068 4141

Papyrus will also offer support and guidance for anyone worried about a young person who is feeling suicidal.

NSPCC Helpline

0808 800 5000 or email


Confidential support for anyone affected by alcohol or drugs in Hull.

Trafalgar House, 43-45 Beverley Road, Hull

Tel: 01482 620013


Young People’s Substance Misuse Service.

ReFresh works with young people up to the age of 19 who live in Hull, who need support to make safer choices about drugs, solvents or alcohol. Also give advice to parents, carers, professionals or family members.

Kenworthy House, 98-104 George Street, Hull

Tel: 01482 331059

East Riding Community Drug and Alcohol Team

The Community Drug and Alcohol Team provides an overarching case management service for people requiring medium to long term support. This includes; prescribing and psychological interventions alongside a short term intensive programme (ART) and Aftercare. It has permanent bases in Goole, Bridlington and Hull and works in Primary Care. It also offers satellite clinics in other areas to ensure that those who need the service are able to access it.

82 Spring Bank Hull HU3 1AB

Tel: 01482 320 606


Yorkshire MESMAC

  • Information, advice and guidance on sexual and reproductive health
  • Healthy Relationships
  • Consent
  • Condom distribution
  • STI and pregnancy testing

15 Freetown Way, Hull HU2 8JQ

Tel: 01482 291190

The Wilson Centre (Adults)

· Customer service centre

· Citizens Advice

· Housing queries

· Council Tax

· Housing benefits

· Housing repairs

The Wilson Centre - Alfred Gelder Street Hull

Tel: 01482 300 300

Hull College Counselling Service provides a confidential and professional counselling service for students of Hull and Goole Colleges. Students can refer themselves and can come for counselling around any issue, whether it is personal or related to college.

If you would like to request counselling please fill out the form below and either email it to or post it in our letterbox outside room QG702 or post to us at;

Hull College Counselling Service
702 Queens Gardens

If you have any queries regarding the service or a referral please call 01482 598736 or 313447.